CHERRATINE MÉDERSA

It was built in 1670 in the reign of the first Alawite Sultan Moulay Rachid. Intended for hosting foreign students and teachers in Fes, this madrasa is distinguished by its simplicity and sobriety. It differs in this from other madrassas, mostly dating from the fourteenth century, a period of the reign of the Merinids.

Composed of 125 cells spread over three levels, along galleries protected from view by moucharabiehs the Cherratine madrasah could accommodate up to 300 students from the University Quaraouiyine.

Admission it’s charged.